Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Inspired by Etty's post

Etty, your last post is just BRILLIANT! It is so inspiring and your last paragraph in particular reminds me again what the effort is all about! I am printing it out and keeping it with me to read again, and again, and again. I am so proud that my nieces and nephews were out there, cheering on those elite and not-so-elite athletes! I love the photo of the three kiddos reaching out to 'high-five'. I may put a copy of that somewhere too, for now it's on my screensaver. You are renewing my Boston dream all over again. 

But I must have patience yet to see how my first marathon goes. 'Cos you know, to get into Boston I would most likely have do a marathon other than Cork ... I just wouldn't be fast enough this time round. Jeepers ... hmmm.

Thanks to Thomas (Vienna marathoner) for his good wishes. I shall certainly consider looking for a pacer.
Thanks to Rhetorician too for her continued enthusiasm for running. It's great. And I agree, I enjoy running and sometimes find the 'technical' side a bit overwhelming.

That said, I have yet to run today, if I will get there at all. It's ok. I'm at peace with it. It's a decision I had to make in order to do a whole load of other things. Some days you just have to let it go. I will run this evening, if I can. I have the gear in the car. If not, I will do an 8-miler tomorrow and maybe 5 on Friday.

I visited my friend in Cappagh hospital last evening. He was proud to tell me that the corridor is 140 crutch steps long and so many feet ... he is a Scientist! I smiled to myself. As I say, we are all battling our own distances!

Keep well Etty! I know you are weary! I hope the Remicade eases that chest soon. Out of interest, did your new doctor mention any advances in treatment or cure for Sarcoidosis?  

1 comment:

  1. just want to say: a whole week without a post is too much for those followers who are now bloody addicted to this thing...you have obligations, you know :)

    ReplyDelete