Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Walk/Run

There is wisdom to scheduling one's runs for the morning rather than evening. The day has a way of taking over. It was too dark and damp last evening by the time I put on my running gear to continue out. Let me confess that I was distracted from work by coverage of the Queen's visit during the day and made up for the time after Supper. By the time I was finished it was, as I say, dusk and raining slightly. Ugh. I went back in the door.
This morning, I was hardly much better. Lethargic is the word that came to mind. I figured a compromise was best. I walk/ran the first round and managed to run steadily, and happily, for the second half. Three days without a run is a bit much. It's almost as if the muscles begin to believe this campaign might be over and that they can ease up a bit. I let them know who's boss though!

1 comment:

  1. welcome to taper-land! lethargy, sluggishness...so much worse than actually running. 3 days - my longest break in 2011. Hope it does the trick.

    ReplyDelete