Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Another day, another run, another month ...

The 1st of March, another day, another run and another month in Campaign Cork. In February, I ran a total of 125kms. I began March by running a mere three miles just under 6mins/k. I have another two weeks before the short run goes to 4miles. It was a chilly, but bright and beautiful morning. Parts of the city, including Howth head, were still unfurling from the dawn mist and stretching towards the sun.  I was in bouncing form, although I did feel the residue of Saturday after a mile.  It was just a slight tug in the upper legs and certainly not enough to kill the bounce. I do need to commit to cross-training on the day after the long run, but on the plus side, I highly recommend the 'sans-alcool' stance.
 
My thoughts this morning are with the travellers, as they pack up their remaining belongings and head East. I can only imagine their excitement, anxiety, nostalgia, hope and ... again ... excitement. I would so love to be doing that journey across the States and look forward to hearing from Etty in due course. It is wonderful for them and for us. Hurray! Bon voyage. Keep safe! Enjoy the adventure! Remember much to tell us! Love to you all.

2 comments:

  1. cant resist adding in my 172.2 total for Feb. Mind you I paid dearly for that sub 5 min/k on concrete pavements today. Bloody horrible run - stiff calves, and a foot with no feeling in it for about half the run. Ugh. I even shaved off a km from the run which I haven't done so far in 2011. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good distance. That no-feeling in foot thing. My brother (just getting into training) asked me about that recently, you know the kind of numbness and pins and needles. What's that about it? I had completely forgotten about it. It used to happen to me in the beginning, but hasn't happened for ages now. Is it overtraining? Swelling and tightness around veins and things? Does your book say anything about it? This is fantastic running weather, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete