Monday, June 6, 2011

This is the day 2

I'm here in my Dad's house, closer to the race than Kenmare. We're up, dressed, showered, fed, watered, coffeed, number on, chip on shoe ... rearing to go. I can't say that I  slept well, I'm awake since 4, on and off, but that doesn't worry me too much. The sun is shining on this lovely cool morning. 

My thoughts are with Etty and will be with Etty throughout. It is so easy to write slogans on t-shirts about shared endurance, but the reality is that at the end of today, my marathon (whatever shape it takes) ends; Etty's Sarcoidosis goes on. But, at the moment, she is in a good space and we will take that and celebrate it and hope for more of same! 
Love you sis!

2 comments:

  1. great stuff - well run, well done! a fantastic achievement all round.

    ReplyDelete