Monday, April 4, 2011

Moving House 40 Years Ago

In her earlier posts, Etty spoke of the joys and challenges of moving house. I was reminded of an early cam-corder clip from a variety of home reels my Singapore brother digitalised for us and presented to us this past Christmas. It took him the best part of six monthts, I gather.  He also added appropriate music and some titles. He did an amazing job. I asked him, if he had the time, to separate the 'moving house' clip and which I now attach here. We know it's not such good quality, better viewed small than large, but he adjusted it for the purposes of e-mail. I think, but am not sure, but he might be able to forward a larger one now that we know this works.  Etty, by the way,  is the hint of a bump on my Mam's tummy, presumably the potty is intended for her use.  Or is it Café-Java brother, seen here? I'm sure I  never, ever needed such a thing! I like the clip for the glimpse of the household bits and bobs being carried into the new house. The kind of bits that make a new house seem like home. 
Some of you will realise that several of the figures here are no longer with us. Ar Dheis Dé go raibh a n-anamacha dílse.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing to have all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Really love drinking the tea out of the potty...typical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not wishing to be pedantic but surely the potty is required by the one wearing the nappy. That's me by the way

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably was for you. I could refer to you as nappy-wearing brother from now on, if you like?

    ReplyDelete