Friday, May 27, 2011

Morning

A light mist hangs suspended in the air, air that is sultry and moist. The birds sing their dawn chorus. Little Guy had a bad dream. Aroused from sleep at 4am I stumbled in the waning dark in search of "magic spray" (my perfume)that chases bad dreams away. A kiss and a cuddle and Little Guy sleeps again but mama's wide awake! And so it goes....

It seems I may have unintentionally created drama with my last post. No need for drama, no need for worrying or fretting. In fact her words, if anything, bring comfort, "time...", "peaceful....".

Have I told you lately that I am feeling really well these days? I feel like the sparkle is back, the energy is flowing. I had another infusion yesterday and it went really, really well. As I lay there receiving the medicine in my veins I imagined the healing that was taking place. I have been experimenting a little with meditation and was able to do a little healing meditation, blessing those around me, those in pain, those taking care of me and those close to my heart. (I don't know if that really helps others, but I know it helps me and my relationship with the world.)

The results from my CT scan of the previous week came back and my lungs appear to be stable, no new damage. Good news indeed! It seems that the remicade infusions, while maybe not completely eliminating the disease is at least inhibiting further lung damage. The report notes the loss of lung volume from previous disease activity and extensive fibrosis and scarring of lung tissue and of course bronchiectasis (floppy airways)in the lower lobes. But...just a week or so ago the New England Journal of Medicine published the findings of a study funded by The National Institute of Health and carried out at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. This study claims to have identified stem cells capable of repairing damaged lung tissue. Of course it is a controversial study and of course it so far has only been conducted on mice (to which we owe so much gratitude for their contribution to medicine, seriously!) but surely it is a sign of hope and progress.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110511170837.htm

I certainly think it is!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely, positive post, E., thank you. Very re-assuring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me Eithne. Think of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know if you are a Disney house but whenever you mention infusion I think of "Tangled" and the health, youth and life giving properties of the golden flower, (later to be golden hair) and I imagine sparkling energy flowing into you. Before you say it, I know I'm nearly 40 and not four but it's a nice image - hope it's accurate. Love S.

    ReplyDelete