Monday, February 14, 2011

16 Weeks to Go

A chilly morning! All layers were back on again this morning, although I didn't have a hat or gloves, for a 4 degree (C), damp start to the day.  It was a short easy run (3 miles) done at a 6.28k/h pace which is my average training pace, it seems.  I felt slower.  Mind you, I had an insight this morning about my breakfast. The speedy version - muesli with milk and a mug of coffee - is not a good pre-run combination.  It brings on indigestion. I apologise to fellow pedestrians or runners disturbed by my 'burps' or 'belches' as I pounded the pavement this morning.  Tomorrow it will be back to porridge and pre-poached pears, a combination that does not seem to bother me at all.
Now that we are settled into our marathon and blog campaign, it is a good time to 'officially' name our chosen charity. I am running on behalf of the Irish Lung Foundation who work throughout Ireland to fund support groups and research, and to provide information to patients suffering from a variety of lung diseases.  The Irish Sarcoidosis Support Network is supported by the Irish Lung Foundation.  I will now put up a link to the Irish Lung Foundation who are currently in the process of setting up a mycharity.ie account through which people can pledge their donations. As soon as that is organised, I will put up that link.  By the way, I have already received my first cash donation for which I am grateful!
Tomorrow I will update you on another kind donation made to the campaign. In the meantime, don't forget to share the love!

1 comment:

  1. Those of you who receive notice of the blog by e-mail, will notice that I edited the original posting. I went back to check the Irish Lung Foundation page and noticed that my information was erroneous!

    ReplyDelete