Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Movers Are Coming

Life as I know it will start to change pretty dramatically in the next two hours. The movers are coming! They are on their way up the mountain as I write. It is time for us to pack up our home. The movers will be my companions for the next three days! It will be a humbling experience and a lesson in trust to watch our lives being taken apart bit by bit, packed neatly into boxes, taped securely and labelled.

Movers, can you pack up my memories too? They are so many.... laughter, tears, laboring, birthing, midnight meetings with my babies at my breast, wildfire, evacuate, surprise visits from family, sleeping under the stars, friends holding me up when I couldn't do it for myself, snow, lots and lots of snow, burying the remains of our lost angels under a Shasta daisy, watering that daisy with tears, Little Guy, almost two years old finally taking his first steps, worrying that he never would, doctors, doctors, appointments, hospitals, pills and yet more pills, meals shared with special people around our table, a little girl singing "Mama chase me, come chase me", teaching, classrooms, children, singing, dancing, praying, loving... Treat them gently, pack them carefully, I don't want to lose them~not ever.

7 comments:

  1. I just want to read this again and again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears her, Etty. Lots of tears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbelievable, I could read that all night. Really think you should have a photo and have this printed somewhere in the foreground, to the side, anywhere

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure I follow, do you mean a photo of Etty?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No you plug. A photo of the house or somewhere in the area, have the above printed somewhere on it like a poster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dawned on me later ... much later!

    ReplyDelete